Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My birthday...

Yesterday, my birthday morning started a little rocky. We were running late, surprise, surprise. Sullivan's school was having muffins for moms and we had to get there early. Of course, the event is more like muffins for moms to talk to other moms while the kids run around the gym. Still, I had a good time chatting with moms before Sullivan started his day at school.

Once we got home, Dalton was in the process of finishing his last dose of IV antibiotic yesterday when we ran into a little problem...just my luck! I noticed some droplets of something in his carrying pouch. Later, I discovered a leak from the antibiotic tubing. We did eventually receive a new antibiotic and finished his last dose of IV antibiotic. Yay, a great birthday gift.

Now we are just waiting on the central line to be removed and that won't come any too soon. The clamps are worn out and not staying clamped so we are ready for it to be removed...we're no longer using it anyways.

Last night, Craig and I enjoyed a time away from the kids. It was the first time we've gotten a babysitter since the beginning of this saga. Craig was able to get some free last minute tickets to see Chris Tomlin in concert and we were able to find a last minute babysitter. We had a good time out and everything went smoothly at home as well. But, I will feel more comfortable with leaving the kids with a babysitter once Dalton's central line is out.

But on a sad note, did Coach Cal not know it was my birthday? So sad he's leaving Memphis for Kentucky! Hopefully we can get another great coach in here to repair this broken program.

No comments:

Post a Comment