Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy birthday Sullivan!


Today my sweet little boy celebrates his 7th birthday. He was officially 7 at 5:48am. Looking back I remember the joy of becoming a mommy though it's also hard to remember a time when I wasn't a mommy. I love getting to be a mom though, wow, it's not easy. Sometimes I wish there was a handbook but then I would be held accountable for not reading it and well let's face it, if it's not super interesting, I'm not gonna read it!





I remember right after Sullivan was born calling my mom and telling her he was it. No more for me. I was in a lot of pain and still remember quite vividly how sick I was the entire pregnancy. Mom reminded me that it wouldn't be long before I would forget all that and want another. She was right, though it took me 3 years before I was ready to "have" another. I can't say that I've ever forgotten the pain or the sickness, but I definitely know he was worth it.















My first born is 7 today. Wow. It really is hard to believe I've already parented him for 7 years. His birthday party is going to be next weekend since this weekend is Memorial Day. Here's wishing my sweet, sweet boy a very Happy 7th birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shannon - Jack just turned 7 too and I can't believe it! What happened to our baby boys?

    Sullivan is so handsome! I haven't even scrolled down to read any of your other entries (I just found out from Ally you had a blog), but I'm almost afraid too. The last time I saw Channing she was just a little bit and I can't even imagine how grown up Dalton must be. I'm still in the Peel Class mentality with kids. It's like they all stopped growing when we left.

    Take care sweet friend!

    Allyson

    www.houseofstephens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete