Sunday, August 30, 2009

MOMS

Today I am blogging about MOMS at Bellevue. I started attending MOMS back when Sullivan (now 7) was just a baby. At that time, I just needed some mommy time away from my precious bundle of joy and MOMS did that. But, once I started, I understood why so many mommas were there. It wasn't just for the childcare but for the uplifting message Jean would deliver every week. Because she writes studies that I personally need to hear, I have enjoyed participating in these studies. Unfortunately, I find myself falling WAY behind getting in the word when I'm not actively doing a bible study so these studies keep me doing what I need to be doing.

During the small group time, I have been encouraged as a momma and prayed over. Since I started MOMS, I've lost both parents, had another child and my oldest had brain surgery. During those moments, I've felt the love and support from the other moms in my small group. Every week I was amazed and uplifted by Jean's message. Many times I found myself in tears like she was specifically speaking to me. Stop getting angry with my kids, enjoy the moments with my kiddos because my time with them is short, pray over my family and prepare my mind and heart to teach my babies. I know that being a part of the MOMS bible study has made me a better momma, a better wife and a better Christian. Here is a link to Jean Stockdale's blog where you can find more information on the MOMS bible study: http://jeanstockdale.typepad.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment