Sunday, August 9, 2009

School starts tomorrow.

Yes, summer has flown by. We really didn't get much accomplished this summer. We had hoped to go on vacation somewhere. Didn't happen. We had hoped to visit Grandma and Grandpa, didn't happen. (Good thing they visited us.) We only made it to the lake 1 time! Our summer was pretty much filled with a mad rush to get the house ready to go on the market. And we're still working on it every free moment we have. This selling your house stuff takes a lot, huh?

Well, now summer break is over and school starts tomorrow! The boys got registered Tuesday and Sullivan decided he was ready for school to start that day. He's quite excited to start Arlington Elementary. I wonder how excited he'll be once school actually starts?

We went for special education orientation on Friday so Dalton could get oriented to the school and his new classroom. We took this as an opportunity to get Sullivan oriented as well. Sullivan and Dalton were giddy going through the halls. How did I manage to have 2 excited about school?

The orientation wasn't completely stress free. Once we made it to Dalton's classroom, we found out his personal assistant decided not to return this year so, another personal assistant. Wow, I felt like someone had just punched me in the stomach. I had been looking forward to this school year with last year's assistant. I'll be doing a lot of praying that the new assistant and Dalton are a good fit. That will be very important for us to have a good year.

I also got a surprise when I saw Sullivan's teacher. It was not someone I had discussed with the administration and was quite surprised to see her matched up with Sullivan. I'm sure they know who is the best match for Sullivan. I just pray her teaching style is complimentary to Sullivan's learning style. He was so excited when he met her and saw where his desk was going to be. His classroom is going to be right across the hall from Dalton's spec. ed. classroom. I'm sure they'll be seeing a lot of each other.

I hope this first week goes well. I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment