Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hawaii day 3

In Hana, we stayed at this neat house with a spectacular view of the ocean. The house could be beautiful but it was badly in need of updating on the inside. I can't say I slept soundly because I was a little freaked out with the ants in the bathroom. It was neat to hear the ocean waves and rain. Early day 3 morning, we drove up to the beach. We could have walked but it was pitch black and we couldn't see where to walk so we drove the jeep down a little path and right up on the beach. Craig set up the tripod and started snapping away to get some beautiful sunrise photos. The beach was black pebble rock.











That's our jeep and the house we rented in the background.



After the photos, we packed up and got back on the road to Hana (this time returning the reg. way). There were many neat stops along the way where you could hike to waterfalls and enjoy the scenery.





After stopping to eat in a little surfer town, we arrived at Heaven (aka The Four Seasons). Oh what a lovely place. Boy were we spoiled there. We sat out at some cabanas, enjoying a drink and listening to the ocean while we waited for our room to get ready.




The room was very nice with a partial view of the ocean (from the balcony).

That night, Craig and I enjoyed a couples massage down in the hut by the ocean. This was nice, but could have been done a little differently to make it better, if I say so myself. The massage was great don't get me wrong...just some improvements could be made. We were down by the ocean, at sunset, but the way we were to lay down on the massage table, you couldn't see the ocean. If they would have flipped the tables around, we may have gotten to enjoy the sunset with our massage. I was disappointed because she didn't do my feet (probably cost extra). Anyways, after our massage, we had to walk back to the spa area with only our robes on and right by the busy patio seating of Spago (during a busy dinner time.) Not too happy about that!

Even though I could have changed a few things about the massage, Craig and I had a wonderful time and a very relaxing evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment