Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bioness anyone?

Dalton is doing great. We're driving each other crazy but I think that's a good sign. We tried a new gizmo at therapy yesterday that I thought was super neat. It's called bioness. Anyone out there ever used it?

There are these electrodes that attach to Dalton's leg and then there's a sensor in his shoe. Every time he lifts his foot, the electrodes fire an impulse to stimulate his muscles to activate dorsiflexion. (this keeps him from dragging his toe) It was really neat to see this work. Of course, insurance probably won't pay for because it's new. I'm a numbers person so I asked, what would this bad boy set us back, $6200. Wow, looks like I need to have a mega-yardsale soon to raise some cash. Currently, we are going to continue to use it in therapy and see what kind of gains we might see outside of therapy. It looked pretty cool in therapy though.

Yesterday I tried to make a pot roast. Never made one but thought, how hard could it be? I make beef stew all the time. Many of you know my culinary abilities are quite limited but I tried. The kids hated it and Craig, well, he could eat it but probably won't be asking for that one again. We really enjoyed the pot roast from church when Dalton was in the hospital. Anyone got a good, easy recipe?

Last night was a long night and I'm still recovering. I got to shop the kidstown sale super early and found some really great stuff so I'm not complaining. Unfortunately with the crazy weather we're having, many people couldn't work their shifts because being sick or sick kids. I stayed to help and was there until midnight! I think shopping "ended" at 10 but the line of people was wrapped around the building. It was crazy! They still have lots of super cute clothes left...you should check it out at the agricenter Thurs.-Sat. (1/2 price sale on sat.)

1 comment:

  1. Ok girl...you know I don't cook so if I am posting a recipe I have done before, it must be easy ---- and it's a crock pot recipe.

    Salsa Roast

    prick the roast of your choosing with a fork. Sprinkle with cajun seasoning on one side. Turn over and repeat process. (Really this doesn't make the roast spicy...just gives it a hint of extra flavor...it can be left off depending on your family)

    Place in crock pot.

    Pour a jar of medium (or hot, depnding on preference) salsa over roast. Cook on low for 8 hours or low for 6 hours (adjust time depending on size of roast).

    During the last two to three hours of cooking, you can add 1/2 jar of mild (medium or hot) salsa to crock pot. Save remaining 1/2 jar for serving the roast.

    This was a hit at singles pot lucks many years ago. In fact, we had a few guys who always requested I make this for pot lucks.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete