Thursday, March 19, 2009

all calm

Yesterday was a pretty good day for Dalton. Just one complaint of a small headache but the rest of the day was pretty uneventful. His appetite still isn't quite what it was prior surgeries, but he's coming along.

Channing on the other hand, came down from the playroom to exclaim she had poop in her underwear. Really? "Is there poop anywhere else?", I asked. "Yeah, in the playroom." Great, I get to clean up poop today....really?

It came to mind what a nurse said to me in the hospital. She said, "You know, God won't give you more than you can handle, so He must think a lot of you." My first thought....God must have me confused with someone else b/c I'm pretty sure I've handled all I can handle....but my next thought is...I don't really buy into the God won't give you more than you can handle...in fact, many times we are faced with situations greater than we can handle. It's at that point we have to stop trying to control and fix things ourselves and lean on Him. I think we are given times we can't handle but He never gives us situations He can't handle.

We are doing well again today. All is calm at the Peterson household. It's nice. Hopefully, the calm will stay here for a while. Thanks for checking.

No comments:

Post a Comment