Tuesday, March 17, 2009

hoping Dalton eats a good breakfast



Yesterday Dalton got up and walked with PT. His balance was still pretty off and he fatigued quickly but he got up and walked a little. It did look a little better than the day before. The neuro resident came in a little later and flushed his shunt with a needle. He said the fluid flowed well so he didn't feel there was a problem there.

After having his shunt tapped yesterday, he went to sleep. This became a pattern for the day. He woke up to eat lunch and then would go back to sleep. He woke up long enough to play a few games of Chutes and Ladders with Channing and me, then back to sleep. Last night for dinner he complained of being too tired to eat dinner and only took a couple of bites (very unlike him because he loves food!)

Every time he fell asleep, he could always be awakened easily, which is good.

This am neuro residents came in....6:22....to check on him. Going to watch him a little today and see how he's eating. I'm going to try to make him stay awake more today so we can go home. I hate pawning my other 2 kiddos off on people. Thanks Denise for taking Sullivan and thanks Angie for taking Channing.

I had to do something I was praying I wouldn't have to do this am....we got the 1 nurse I was so hoping we wouldn't. I hated having to go and do it, but I requested another nurse this am. The original one was the same we had last week when we were discharged. I felt like she cut some corners (didn't follow Dalton's flush in his central line with heparin) and some other short cuts at discharge. How is it we got her again on the day we are possibly going home? Yuck. Anyways, we got another nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment