Tuesday, March 24, 2009

helping the economy

I helped spark the economy a bit today. I missed shopping and I think the stores missed me. Dalton was a trooper as I drug him around looking for a bargain. I was trying to convince him I was helping him with "therapy" and getting his legs stronger while we walked the stores. I don't really think he was buying it. He was fine once he got his popcorn at Target.

We did all our shopping after Dalton's neurosurgeon appointment. I had a list of questions for the doctor and got some of them answered before Dalton had to go pee (bad!) So, once we left the room to go to the bathroom, our doctor visit was over, he had moved on to another patient.

We go back in 3 weeks so hopefully I can get the additional questions answered then. One of my biggest concerns is Dalton's decreased balance and inability to walk independently. We see physical therapy tomorrow.

I also had part 1 of Dalton's IEP meeting via phone today. This meeting was to just extend his current IEP until we can meet to discuss next year. We're still trying to figure out what's best for him with repeating 4th grade or not. Goals will be interesting since I know gross motor has been affected from surgery, and since we've been out, he's not been progressing academically. We are looking at having a homebound teacher come in while we're still at home. Anyone know anything about homebound? That is definitely not something I'm familiar with.

No comments:

Post a Comment