Saturday, March 14, 2009

yes, at LeBonheur again

Yes, we are back at LeBonheur. Dalton had been doing really well at home. For some reason, last night Dalton's headaches came back and then he started vomiting. I rushed him here to the ER. Got here around 4am and went through various tests. It appeared the ER nurses were just as dazed as I was to be here.

It took several sticks to draw blood. They then put in and IV and drew blood. Came back later and took blood from central line and then had to come back for more blood. His CT and Xrays didn't show anything new. They drew fluid from the shunt by sticking a needle in his head. It showed a high protein level which can clog the shunts. Don't really know how you fix protein problems. Through all the poking and proding, Dalton never really woke up. Occassionally he would become restless and raise his arm or mumble something but never really awoke (even when they were digging around for a vein.)

Here's my panic. Dr. Boop, our neurosurgeon, is still out of town and won't be back til next week some time. The other Dr. we saw and like, Dr. Muelbauer is out of town, which leaves us with the other dr. I pray we don't have to go in for a surgery with this doctor but have to trust that the Lord is in control and He will take care of my little guy during this time.

I am praying the doctors are able to determine what is going on with Dalton and will treat him effectiviely. Thanks again for your prayers. Your prayers keep me and my family functioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment